Meet Your Candidates
The Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce conducted interviews with candidates for the 2022 General Local Elections. These interviews were based on topics received from our members. You can see the email we sent each candidate with the topics below.
** We extended an invitation to all mayoral and councillor candidates participating in our local elections on the Peninsula. These are the candidates who agreed to be interviewed.**
Here is the email we sent the candidates:
The candidate will be seated along with our interviewer, Al Smith (ED of the SPCC), for a conversational interview. The interviews should last no longer than 30 minutes and will be edited for quality purposes. Candidates will have an opportunity to view their video before it is released.
Candidates will have an opportunity to introduce themselves, then be asked two main questions which will be asked of all candidates. There may be follow up questions related to the two main questions.
- What is your name?
- How long have you lived on the Peninsula?
- What brought you to the Peninsula?
- What is your background?
- Why are you interested in running for <position>?
- There is a lot of talk about the affordability of workforce housing on the Saanich Peninsula. Our businesses are experiencing a severe shortage of workers. What would you do as <position> for <municipality> to alleviate this crisis?
- What is your vision for the economy of the Saanich Peninsula in ten years?
- Closing – is there anything else that you would like voters to know about you?
These videos will be shared with our membership and viewable by the public through our YouTube channel and social media, sometime during the first week of October. Candidates will be able to share these videos with their supporters.